What to ask an attorney after you have been injured in an accident
Many people injured in an accident don’t know to seek an attorney after the incident. It’s good practice to seek an attorney after an accident because they may help you recover both physically and financially for your injuries after an accident. Regardless of the type of accident whether it’s a car accident, slip and fall, or any other, it is important to know what to ask an attorney before hiring them.
- What is the attorney’s experience?
- You should always ask an attorney if they have experience with cases similar to yours. If the attorney handles cases like yours on a regular basis then he is likely well versed and thoroughly experienced in the matter.
- Does the attorney know what to do with an accident case like yours?
- You should always ask an attorney what his strategy is for a case like yours. Make sure the attorney’s strategy matches the resolution you had in mind, for example, is your attorney looking to go to trial, or settle the case and how will their strategy affect you?
- Who will be your regular point of contact?
- Will the attorney be the main person you communicate with regarding your case or with you mainly be receiving updates from their paralegal or assistant? You should always consider whether or not you will have access to your attorney directly while your case is being handled.
- Are you a trial attorney?
- A lot of cases settle but many don’t so it is important to know If your attorney is experienced in taking cases to trial. An attorney that isn’t experienced in the courtroom may settle your case for less to avoid taking the case to trial.
If you’ve recently been injured in an accident and are looking to hire an attorney, it is imperative that you at least ask these preliminary questions to determine if they are a good fit for you.
The personal injury attorneys at Rosen Injury law are experienced in taking cases to trial and maximizing settlements to get you the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or need assistance with your car accident case.