Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a truck accident? Do you need a qualified Fort Lauderdale truck accident lawyer? Rosen Injury Law is your first choice. We represent clients injured in accidents involving semi-trucks, 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks. We are committed to getting you the compensation you deserve from injuries sustained after a truck accident. Let Rosen Injury Law get justice for you or a loved one today.Looking for a Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Attorney?
Rosen Injury Law handles a wide range of cases involving people injured or killed in truck-related accidents in Fort Lauderdale. Our truck accident attorneys are here to help protect your rights after an accident and represent you against insurance companies. Rosen Injury Law will work tirelessly to make sure the responsible parties compensate you for injuries, medical expenses and lost wages resulting from a truck accident.
All the lawyers at Rosen Injury Law have extensive experience in litigation and discovery. They have obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients in cases involving severe injury or death. Every client of Rosen Injury Law gets the best legal representation for their case.Fort Lauderdale Truck Accident Statistics
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were over 41,000 crashes involving motor vehicles in Broward County in 2019. As a result of those crashes, 23,671 people were injured and 214 were killed. Many of those incidents involved trucks and crash victims in need of high-quality legal representation.What Are Some Truck Accident Causes?
Exceeding the speed limit and/or driving while impaired are the top causes of vehicle crashes. Other factors that can cause truck accidents include:
- Failure to follow traffic rules or signs
- Aggressive/reckless driving
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving such as eating, talking to passengers or phone use while driving
- Hazardous road conditions due to rain, wind and other weather elements
- Objects in the roadway
- Driving while fatigued
Though some accidents can be caused by a mechanical error within the truck, the vast majority result from human error. With a large number of tourists visiting Fort Lauderdale throughout the year as well as an influx of snowbird residents during winter months, many drivers in our area are often unfamiliar with roads and traffic patterns, which can lead to accidents. You'll need the support of a reliable law firm if you are the victim of a truck accident in Fort Lauderdale. Regardless of who is at fault in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation.What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
Accidents are startling and unexpected. You may be unsure what to do after a truck accident in Fort Lauderdale. Even though trucks are subject to a different set of regulations than passenger vehicles, you will want to hire a law firm with years of experience litigating truck accidents if you are injured in a truck accident or sustained property damage. Rosen Injury Law supports victims in cases against insurance companies, ensuring that its clients are appropriately compensated for their medical expenses and lost wages.
Immediately following a truck accident, you should:
- Call law enforcement and seek medical attention. The officers responding will assess the accident, interview parties involved and write an accident report. Only provide facts to the officer and never speculate about the accident or admit fault.
- Be mindful of what you say to the other driver. Do not say "I'm sorry" or accuse the other driver of anything. Simply exchange contact information with all parties involved. You want to be sure to have the following:
- Truck driver's name and contact information
- Truck driver's commercial driver's license
- Truck driver's insurance information
- Company or business name, details, contact information and insurance information
- Take photos of the scene. Use your phone to take pictures of the vehicles and accident scenes. It's also a good idea to take pictures of the truck driver's contact information and documents.
- Look for witnesses. If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask for their names and contact information. They may provide insight or perspective about the accident that can be used to support your claim.
- Be wary of what you sign. Do not sign anything unless it was given to you by law enforcement or first responders. The truck driver's company might send a representative to the accident scene. You do not need to sign anything given to you by the truck driver or other parties associated with the truck driver's company or employer.
- Get a copy of the police report. The accident report may be used as evidence if you decide to file a claim.
- See a doctor. If you did not receive medical attention immediately following the accident, you should follow up with a physician and get a clean bill of health before deciding to hire a lawyer.
- Write it down. Write a recap of the events that took place just before, during and after the accident. Make notes about the weather, the road conditions, what the truck driver said and any other memories from the incident.
- Don't accept the first offer you get. If the trucking company representative or their insurance provider contacts you to negotiate a settlement, decline the offer and contact Rosen Injury Law.
If you or a loved one was injured in a Fort Lauderdale truck accident, your best option is to hire a personal injury lawyer with years of experience in truck accident cases. Our attorneys will investigate the truck's black box recorder or GPS trackers, examine the truck driver's record for prior violations, and review maintenance records and driver logs to ensure they adhere to state and federal trucking regulations.
A doctor should give you a clean bill of health before you decide whether or not to hire an attorney. If no one was harmed, and there was no damage done during the truck accident, you may not need an attorney. However, if you have medical bills related to a truck accident, property damage from a truck accident, or you lost wages or might lose future earnings, you may want to seek a Fort Lauderdale Truck accident attorney.
The team at Rosen Injury Law is highly experienced in helping victims in cases against insurance companies, ensuring that they are adequately compensated for their medical expenses, pain and/or suffering and lost wages.
Other situations where you may want to consider hiring an attorney:
- The insurance company isn't cooperating or is pressuring you to do something.
- The truck driver was driving under the influence.
- The driver provided you with false information.
- There is a dispute as to who was at fault in the accident.
- Injuries and expenses from the truck accident, including broken bones, hospital stays and/or long-term health implications.
- Work, school or daily activities are affected or missed.
- Multiple people were harmed or property was damaged
- Someone died as a result of the truck accident.
Our team at Rosen Injury Law is experienced in handling claims for all types of truck accidents. If you or someone you know needs legal help due to injuries sustained in a truck accident, please contact Rosen Injury Law. We help people when they need it most.
We will negotiate to ensure that you are compensated and have the highest quality legal representation after a truck accident. Rosen Injury Law is here to help answer your questions, protect your rights and provide the highest quality legal representation after a truck accident. Our goal is to recover the maximum amount of compensation available for you. Contact us to talk with a Fort Lauderdale truck accident attorney from our experienced team and get your free consultation today.